Saturday, January 25, 2014

Day 32: The Silent Movie Project: Changing the Project

Part of this project stemmed from the fact that I was really excited to find an app that could turn my movies into old-style movies.  And the likelihood of still being about to do that is possible, but I have realized that this is a lot of script for something that was intended to be silent.  I also really want people to hear the dialog.  So, I'm thinking of re-doing the project to just look old, but will have vocals on it.

Of course that made me start thinking about movies in general and how far we have come.  We're kind of attached to sound now - or at least I know that I am.  It's nice to hear dialog and hear the tone and intent that a film is supposed to have.  But I also wonder how many times the vision of a movie changes throughout the process of writing and filming it?  Do writers and directors often change what they want the looks of their creations to do?  How much is set in stone from the beginning to the end of the project?  Things that I may not find the answer to, but would be interesting to see.  

So. . . for now at least, I'm going to attempt to film in color.  But now I have to deal with my next challenge - casting!

No comments:

Post a Comment