Saturday, January 25, 2014

Day 33: The No-So-Silent Movie Project: CASTING!

I've had several friends whom I have approached about casting for this film (along with one very energetic girl who loves acting).  Of course the conversations can be interesting:

ME: "So, you know that blog that I have? The daily blog thing?

FRIEND: Yeah

ME: Well I was wondering if you would be willing to help me with that?

FRIEND: Doing what?

ME: Well I'm going to be doing a movie with that project and I need some people to act in it.

FRIEND: What's the movie about?

ME: (this is where I pause because I'm trying to figure out how to tell her this a mystery that includes the Grim Reaper.  Think . . . think . . . there's got to be a way to do that without sounding weird . . .) So I'm writing this mystery with a detective who works with the Grim Reaper! (Okay so there's no way to say that so that it doesn't sound weird).

FRIEND: Okaaaayyy . . .

I explain further that this is a comedy and the premise of the mystery and she agrees to help.  But that's just one.  I need a few more.  So I decided to put the following casting call on facebook to see who would respond:

CASTING CALL FOR MY MOVIE PROJECT!
Hello to my Facebook friends!  I'm really going to try to shoot this film.  If you're around the Roanoke Rapids area and would like to help me with and/or take a role in this project, just let me know!  This is just a project for fun, but it should be a lot of fun!  If you want to help, just message me and let me know.

So far I've gotten some responses and some people have agreed to help and some have agreed to look at the script.  I'm super psyched!  I hope we can start soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment