Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Day 24: The Silent Movie Project: The Script, Scene One



Project for November 24, 2013

So the more I thought about what I wanted to do with my movie, the more I realized that I had to actually have a script to finalize things.  Adapting everything wasn't going to be a piece of cake and the clues would have to fit in order for everything to line up at the end.  I really wanted to do a casting call first, but I don't think I could do that without knowing what the characters will look like in the end.

                 Then I'll call Robert Downey Jr.

                                      Okay, so I'll call some friends of mine.

Anyway, I decided to see what writing the scene would be like, so here it is. I know there's dialogue and that this is a silent movie, but I will be working on flashing the dialogue up on screen.  This is by no means final, but it certainly is a start.

I hope you enjoy!

And Live Orange! 

THE SILENT MOVIE PROJECT - SCENE 1

SCENE: There is a woman sitting on a bed and her foot is broken.  She is studying books so she doesn’t see the figure approaching with a gloved hand and a knife.  Cut to the girl and her studying then back to the approaching hand and knife.  The girl looks up just as the knife is being raised and screams.  Cut to a shadow of the knife falling.  A pair of crutches falls to the floor.  The killer’s hand picks up the crutches and sets them against the wall then walks out and shuts the door.

SCENE: Pans back to the woman on the bed and then see a shadow with a scythe cross the woman’s body.  Camera pans slowly over and then up to reveal the Grim Reaper.  The woman who was the victim comes up behind him.

VICTIM: Whoa!  What happened to me?

GRIM: I thought that was obvious.

VICTIM: You mean I’m – I’m

GRIM: Yes, your dead, now come along.

VICTIM: No.

GRIM: What do you mean no?

VICTIM: I’m not going anywhere until you bring my killer to justice.

GRIM: You don’t exactly have a choice in this matter.

VICTIM: Yes I do, and I’m going to haunt this room until my killer is found and brought to justice.

GRIM: But you have to cross over!  I have a quota to meet!

VICTIM: That’s not my problem.

Scene fades out

No comments:

Post a Comment