Sunday, December 8, 2013

Day 28: The Silent Movie Project - Scene Five

Project for November 28, 2013

Even though I have been planting clues, I'm still not sure who the actual killer is myself. I have an idea, but it's kind of fun to figure it out along with Mia and Grim. I guess we'll see how everything is going to turn out! See what you think...

And Live Orange!

MIA: Forgive me, Mr. Bancroft, but you’re not exactly what I expected given the description of your generosity by Ms. Johnston.

BANCROFT: And what did you expect, Ms. Silverton?  A banker?

MIA: Of sorts.  She said you were backing her financially.

BANCROFT: I am.  I have a soft spot for small businesses – which is how I got started myself.  Maggie has some great ideas, she just needs help getting them off the ground.

MIA: Do you know a Judy Kipster?

BANCROFT:  No.  Should I?

MIA: She was Ms. Miller’s next door neighbor.

BANCROFT: I’ve never seen her before.

MIA:  What was your relationship with Elsa Miller?

BANCROFT:   She lived in my neighborhood.  I enjoy entertaining so I would invite her over to my house along with some friends for barbecues fairly frequently.  I enjoyed her company.

MIA: Did you ever ask her out?

BANCROFT?  You mean on a date?

MIA: Yes.

BANCROFT:  Not yet.  I mean I would have liked to ask her out, but she was a bit out of my league.  I was working up the nerve to do so.  She was just really quiet.  I mean she never even talked to her neighbors – especially the one with the curlers in her hair who watched her all the time.  She was not the most interactive at parties, either, but she was a very sweet person.  She wouldn’t hurt a soul!

MIA: What about the claims from Ms. Johnston that Elsa had cheated her out of her business?  Were you really going to back her and then date the woman who cheated her partner?

BANCROFT:  Miss Silverton, there is more to the story than what you probably heard from Maggie.  She’s rather sensitive about things.  Elsa didn’t cheat her so much as make several executive decisions that kept the company from going under.  Even though Maggie’s designs were what sold, Elsa was the marketing genius that kept them afloat.

MIA:  So how do you propose to keep Maggie’s new line from going under?  Isn’t that quite a risk?

BANCROFT:  No, not really, I have a contract with a buyer who will guarantee that Maggie’s next line will be a hit and has already purchased the rights to make them for mass production.  But please, I am only telling you this because you are investigating Elsa’s death.  I want to keep things on the down low for a bit until we finalize everything.

MIA: Of course.  Where were you, Mr. Bancroft, between 4:00 and 6:00 pm the night Elsa Miller was killed?

BANCROFT:  I was with Maggie, going over paperwork for the business.  We had to get everything set so the bank would sign off on it.  Then, I headed over to Dan Miller’s house, Elsa’s brother.  He had just purchased a new television and wanted me to see it.

MIA:  Were you that close with her brother?

BANCROFT:  Like I said, I often asked Elsa over for barbecue and met her brother through her one day.  We became good friends.  We have had several movie nights with other friends of ours, played laser tag together and occasionally play video games when we find the time.

MIA:  One last question, Mr. Bancroft, how did Elsa break her leg?

BANCROFT:  It was at my house, I’m afraid.  She slipped on a spilled drink on the patio at a barbecue and unfortunately fell on her leg the wrong way.

MIA: Thank you for your time.

BANCROFT: Of course.  If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to call.

MIA: Nods her head, shakes his hand, and walks out of the office. She walks out to the sidewalk and starts to walk down the street.  She almost walks straight into Grim. 
And just where did you disappear to while I was doing all of the work?

GRIM:  Well since you have shown that you have some semblance of skills with investigation, I decided to do a little on my own.  I went to the police station and looked at their files and pictures.  Here’s one of the scene of the crime.

MIA:  This is closed information!  It’s a criminal act with multiple offenses to so that!

GRIM: Relax, it’s just a copy.

MIA:  You’re a horrible human being, you know that?

GRIM:  Why thank you, my dear.  I take my designation as non-human one of the greatest benefits of my existence.

MIA:  Just shut up and come on!

GRIM:  And where are you going now?

MIA:  We’re going to interview the victim’s brother, Daniel Miller.

GRIM:  And do you suspect him?

MIA:  I’m not sure, but we’re about to find out.
Scene ends

No comments:

Post a Comment