Monday, December 9, 2013

Day 29: The Silent Movie Project - Scene Six

Project for November 29, 2013

I believe I have figured out how everything is going to work, but I'm going to use the next scene to finally solve it and work out what actually happened. Technically, though, you have all the pieces of the puzzle.  We'll see if I can make it fit and if it makes sense logically.  So who dunnit?

I hope you enjoy and remember to Live Orange!

The Silent Movie Project - Scene 6

SCENE: Opens with Mia and Grim going up the walkway of a very large, nice house.

MIA: (Checks a piece of paper in her hand and then looks back up at the house).  Wow, this was not what I was expecting.

GRIM: That’s the trouble with you humans, you always have expectations for fellow humans.  I expect nothing out of the human race.

MIA:  Wow, Socrates, that’s deep.  Now come on.  We have one more witness to interview.
They start walking up the sidewalk.  The camera focuses of Mia and when it comes around to face her, Grim isn’t there.  Mia stops, looks over, notices his absence, shakes her head, and continues on her way to the door.  The door opens after she knocks and she steps inside.

DANIEL: Thank you for looking into my sister’s death, Ms. Silverton.  I can’t tell you how much that means to me.

MIA:  Of course, Mr. Miller, anything I can do to help.  I have to ask you a couple of questions.  First, do you know a Judy Kipster?

DANIEL:  She’s a neighbor of Elsa’s, I think, right?  I recognize the name, but I don’t know any of them.  Once in a while if she needs help with things around her house, I go over, but it’s not very often.

MIA:  How would you describe how you and your sister got along?

DANIEL:  We got along as well as any siblings do, I suppose.  We weren’t particularly close growing up, but then, when both of our parents died, we reconnected.  We are both friends with Hudson Bancroft and would see each other occasionally at events that he hosted.  She asked me help her change the oil in her car once.  But even so, I do really miss her.  She was the last of my family, I have no one else.  I just wish we could – (he pauses and puts his head in his hand for a moment and then looks back up) I can’t wish her back, but I wish that we could catch her killer.

MIA:  I know you do, Mr. Miller, and both the police and I are trying our hardest to figure this out, but it will probably take some time.

DANIEL:  I know.  But please, do all you can.

MIA:  We will.  But I would like to ask you, where were you on the afternoon and evening that your sister was killed between 4:00-6:00pm?

DANIEL:  I wish I could tell you that I have a perfect alibi, but I don’t.  You see I went to the dry cleaners to pick up a coat, then I went to the drug store for some supplies.  I picked up some dinner and then came back her to watch Seinfeld until 6:00.  I know that Elsa called me to come over that afternoon so that I could bring my ladder over to help her change the battery in her fire alarms.  She didn’t have a ladder herself.  By the time I got dinner I was tired so I told her I would come over later, or wait until the next day.  I wish I hadn’t now!

MIA:  I know, Mr. Miller, and I’m sorry, but everything will work out, I’m quite sure of it.  Thank you for your time and I will be in touch just as soon as I know more.  (She stands up and moves to the door.  Daniel follows. They stop by the coat rack and Mia notices the coats as she picks up her own)

DANIEL:  Thank you for coming by, Ms. Silverton.  And please don’t hesitate to call with any news.  I want to know as soon as you discover who the killer is.

MIA:  I will. (She goes back down the sidewalk and to her car.  Grim is leaning against it.)

GRIM:  Well?

MIA:  Well what?

GRIM: Are we any close to discovering the killer?

MIA:  Yes, I am.  But first I need to check something out tonight.  Then, tomorrow, we need to get everyone together and sort this out.

GRIM: (sighs) You humans can be such dramatists!

MIA: At least I convey exactly what I want to say.

GRIM: Just drive.
(They get into the car)

No comments:

Post a Comment