Thursday, December 5, 2013

Day 25: The Silent Movie Project - The Script Scene Two

Project for November 25, 2013

One of the difficulties I'm encountering is that I have a picture in my head of what everything should look like, but actually being able to describe it in the script is a whole other story!  I have a lot more respect for script writers now.  Being able to write directions is a pain in the backside.

I'm thinking that a lot of it should be left to interpretation as we film.

I want to have fun with the characters.  My detective, Mia Silverton, and Grim are both extremely sarcastic, which is why I'm having so much fin writing them.  I'm really curious to see how this will work as a silent movie.  It should be a lot of fun.  It's meant to be comedy - almost campy - and still a mystery.  I hope you enjoy!

Keep Living Orange!


THE SILENT MOVIE PROJECT - SCENE 2



SCENE: Fades in - a somewhat small office with lots of junk and paper airplanes.  The door has a rickety sign that says Silverton Investigations.  Zooms in on Mia Silverton who is in her office and is bored - she has her back to the door and is fiddling with a paper airplane.  A shadow falls across the desk and then across her.  Cut to Mia reaching down and grabbing what could be the handle of any weapon –knife, baseball bat, etc.  She yanks it up as the shadow gets closer and turns around and starts whacking on the shadow, now revealed as Grim, with a frying pan.  He takes the frying pan away from her and holds it up out of her reach.  She snatches it back and whacks him again.

MIA: Who the heck are you?

GRIM: You don’t recognize the scythe?

MIA: I didn’t realize that it was Halloween.

GRIM: I miss the middle ages.  People were appropriately terrified of me then.

MIA: Get out!

GRIM: You need my help.

MIA: Sits back down at her desk, ignoring him

GRIM: Pleads with her to help but she doesn’t appear to be listening to him.  Finally he says: I will guarantee that you will get more business if you help me out.

MIA: What’s in it for you?  Why come to me?

GRIM: I have my own little problems to solve.  Let’s just say that authorities are more likely to accept help from a mere mortal than from me.  As for why you?  You are as desperate as I am.  This so-called business needs actual clients.  And you have none.

MIA: I’m working on a promotional this week.  Two cases for one.  I’ll get customers.

GRIM: So far the only customers coming in are the rats and roaches. (A roach runs across the floor in front of Grim. He kills it with the end of his scythe.)

MIA: Fine, I’ll help you, but you had better deliver on your promise of getting me more business. (She sweeps past him out of the door.  Grim waits with his arms folded over around his scythe.  Mia comes back in.  Um . . . where are we going? 

GRIM: The middle ages were SO much easier on me! (shakes his head and then walks out the door.  Mia follows him and after she shuts the door, the doorknob falls off.

No comments:

Post a Comment