Saturday, December 7, 2013

Day 26: The Silent Movie Project - Scene Three

Project for November 26, 2013

So as I continue to write, I'm getting excited and I suddenly realized that this may go overboard with the length of the script. But that's okay. I have decided that I should keep writing and then cut later if I need too. It's so hard to figure out what to leave in and what to take out. I finally had to go back and stop writing so much back and forth with Grim and Mia. It was a lot of fun and I could make them take shots at each other forever, but it doesn't progress the story any - so I guess I have to stop.  

It's hard to think realistically. Considering movies nowadays, and the potential there is in making an awesome one, it's really hard not to try to fit all the cool effects and locations in!  

And then I remember that there is no budget.

And then I have to go back to writing realistically.

So, here's scene three!

Live Orange everyone!


THE SILENT MOVIE PROJECT - SCENE 3

SCENE: The camera is focused on the curb of a street when a car pulls up beside it.  The focus moves from the back wheels and slowly pans to the top of the car where there is a scythe sticking out of the sunroof.  It pans back down to the window of the car, which is rolled down, and Mia is driving with Grim in the passenger's seat.

MIA: Okay, I followed your directions, so why are we here?

GRIM: It's the house of a key witness.  The crime took place next door so we need to question this lady.

MIA: Couldn’t we get all of this from the police report?

GRIM: You have absolutely no sense of adventure!
Mia sighs and gets out of the car, Grim tries to get out, but the scythe won't come with him, it's stuck in the sunroof.  Camera focuses on the scythe as he tries to pull it out but it just won't come, finally, with a last yank, he pulls it from the car.  MIA knocks on the door, GRIM is not beside her, but she doesn’t notice.  She waits at the door and the witness opens it [for the purpose of the script it will be a woman, but the details can change if the casting changes].  The witness (JUDY) is a middle aged woman who is still in her house coat.  She looks at MIA with a bit of disgust.

MIA knocks on the door, GRIM is not beside her, but she doesn’t notice.  She waits at the door and the witness opens it [for the purpose of the script it will be a woman, but the details can change if the casting changes].  The witness (JUDY) is a middle aged woman who is still in her house coat.  She looks at MIA with a bit of disgust.

JUDY: Yeah?

MIA: Hi, my name is Mia Silverton, I’m a private investigator.  Are you Judy Kipster?

JUDY: Yeah, what of it?

MIA: We’d like to ask you some questions about the murder the other night.

JUDY: We?

MIA: (Looks behind her but Grim isn’t there. She tries to think of something quickly).  Sorry, habit, I usually have a partner.  I would like to ask you some questions.  I heard you saw someone over at Elsa Miller’s house the day she was killed.

JUDY: Yeah, it was 5:00, right after Oprah and right before Seinfeld.  I was just going for my afternoon round of bean dip, whiz cheese and tortilla chips when I heard a car pull up outside.  I looked out the window and there was this person in a hat and trench coat.  Had a key and just went in.

MIA: Could you tell if it was a man or a woman?

JUDY:  No, the coat was too big for whoever it was.

MIA: So how long did you observe them?

JUDY: What am I? A snoop? I went back for my bean dip.

MIA: When did they leave?

JUDY: About fifteen minutes later.

MIA: What kind of car did they drive?

JUDY: It was blue.

MIA: Did you notice anything else about it.

JUDY: What am I?  A security camera?  Talk to someone else (She goes back into the house and slams the door)

MIA: Wow. (She gets back into her car and starts the engine)

GRIM: You need lessons in interrogation.

MIA (Jumps as Grim speaks because she hasn’t seen him up till now.)  Dude!  You need a bell!  Stop doing that.  And way to leave me hanging there.

GRIM: You honestly think that she would have answered questions if she saw me standing at the door?

MIA: Point taken.  Where to next?

GRIM: The first suspect.

They drive off with Grim’s scythe back through the sunroof.




No comments:

Post a Comment