Friday, November 22, 2013

Day 17: Bond, Puzzled Bond

Project for November 17, 2013

At a suggestion from Ali, I decided to take a movie poster that I had at home and make it into a puzzle.  I had a Skyfall poster that I'd gotten from Empire Magazine a while back and since it had fallen off my wall, I used it.

Not that James Bond isn't one of the most put-together men in the movies, but I wanted to make sure that I had a challenging enough puzzle.  Due to the fact that the poster came in a magazine, it had been folded into fourths.  I tore the poster along those lines first - not wanting my pieces to break along them later.  This also created 16 corners for the puzzle which means it will be more challenging to put back together. 

One of the difficulties of creating the pieces was how to make them somewhat standard like a jigsaw and how to differentiate individual ones from each other.  I ended up taking each quarter and cutting it into strips that were waves and then cutting those into pieces.

I guess we'll see if it works. I hope you enjoy seeing the progression in the pictures below

And don't forget to Live Orange!

No comments:

Post a Comment