Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Day 4: And Then There Was One . . .

Project for November 4, 2013
For those of you who are Agatha Christie fans, the title And Then There Were None should be well-loved and exciting!  If you haven't read it, go read it now.  Seriously.  Get up, go to the bookstore or download it or whatever and start reading - okay, after you read this post.  It really is a fascinating book.
By the time I had finished workshops and socials and all of the things that happen at a conference I almost forgot to do my project.  But of course, that's the beauty of it: doing something off the cuff or spur-of-the-moment.  That is Living Orange!  I looked around my hotel room for inspiration and found very little.  I've been trying to pack light recently so I didn't have a whole lot of help from my stuff.  But the more I thought about the furniture in the room, the more it began to look like a scene from a 1960s or 1970s film.  So why not see if I could come up with an ideas for a movie poster using only what I had here?
I instantly looked around the room for things to use.  I don't know why I picked the boot.  It was the only thing around that had some character I suppose, but I just set it up and started taking pictures.  I probably took a dozen from three or four angles and decided I would figure out a name once I chose the photo.
One thing I forgot was that my roommate for the conference was still there in the room.  I'm not sure what she thought when she got out of the shower to find the person she was sharing her room with taking a picture of a boot, but she was very gracious about waiting for me to explain myself before passing judgment.  I'm not sure what that judgment was or is in the end, but oh well.
I think one of my next projects will be to create a storyline for the film, but for now, here is my movie poster of And Then There Was One.
Live Orange!

No comments:

Post a Comment